If something has already happened or you are concerned about something you have witnessed,
please contact the Tampa Police Department non-emergency number at (813) 231-6130.
For any emergency situations, please call 911.
If You See Something, Say Something
This public awareness campaign was created to raise knowledge regarding indicators of terrorism and terrorism-related crimes. The public should only report suspicious behavior and these types of situations:
- Unattended backpack left in a public space
- Someone trying to break into a restricted area
- Acquiring supplies: When someone is purchasing, storing or stealing explosives, weapons or ammunition
- Elicitation: Anyone attempting to gain information about a place, person or operation
- Test of security: This is usually conducted by driving by a potential target, moving into sensitive areas and observing the responses of security and law enforcement.
- Surveillance: A target area that will most likely be observed during the planning phase
For a complete list of items that are not permitted in the event downtown, please visit the Know Before You Go page.
When reporting suspicious activity remember to give the most accurate information possible. Information reporting may include:
- Brief description of the activity
- Date, time and location of the activity
- Physical identifiers of anyone you observe
- Description of vehicles (i.e. license plate, make, model)
- Information about where the people involved in suspicious activities may have gone
- Your contact information (optional)