TAMPA, FL - The College Football Playoff, Tampa Bay Sports Commission and Visit St. Pete/Clearwater invite fans to experience Championship Beach Bash on Sunday, January 8 from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. at Pier 60 on Clearwater Beach, voted TripAdvisor's No. 1 Beach in America for 2016.
This free, family-friendly event will create a pep rally-type atmosphere on the beautiful white sands of Clearwater Beach. The Championship Beach Bash will feature a variety of activities including a "Kids Zone" with games, inflatables, live music, as well as performances from the University of Alabama and Clemson University cheerleading squads and marching bands.
One of the most anticipated portions of the day is a celebrity flag football game featuring former athletes, ESPN personalities and entertainers. Calling the plays from the sidelines will be several honorary coaches including ESPN anchor and Tampa Bay area native Sara Walsh, Good Morning America special contributor Jesse Palmer, Pro Football Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson, as well as actor and comedian Cedric the Entertainer.
Confirmed to participate in the Championship Beach Bash flag football game:
- John Anderson - ESPN SportsCenter host
- Matt Barrie - ESPN SportsCenter host
- Anthony Becht - 12-year NFL veteran and former Tampa Bay Buccaneer, current co-host of Bucs radio show
- John Buccigross - ESPN SportsCenter host
- Eric Dickerson (coach) - Pro Football Hall of Famer and six-time Pro Bowl running back
- Cedric the Entertainer (coach) - Nationally-recognized comedian, actor and director
- Jay Crawford - Former WFTS sports anchor and ESPN SportsCenter Host
- Bruce Feldman - New York Times Best-selling author and FOX Sports reporter
- Toby Hall - Former Major League Baseball catcher
- Brett McMurphy - ESPN College Football Insider and former Tampa Tribune sportswriter
- Ryan Nece - Former UCLA and Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker
- Kevin Negandhi - ESPN SportsCenter anchor and host of Baseball Tonight, College Football Live and Outside the Lines
- Jesse Palmer (coach) - Good Morning America special contributor, ESPN college football analyst and former University of Florida quarterback
- Takeo Spikes - Former All-Pro NFL linebacker and two-time Pro Bowl selection, current football analyst for NBC Sports Network
- Sara Walsh (coach) - ESPN SportsCenter anchor, four-time Regional Sports Emmy Award winner and native of Tampa Bay area
Championship Beach Bash kicks off at 11 a.m. Emcee Greg Wolf, the in-game host for the Tampa Bay Lightning and USF Bulls football and basketball, will take the microphone and welcome fans. Clemson University and University of Alabama cheerleading squads and marching bands will rally visiting fans' school spirit with special performances. Clemson University will take center stage at noon, followed by the University of Alabama at 12:30 p.m. Veteran local rockers Stormbringer will provide live music throughout the afternoon.
For more information about the Championship Beach Bash at Clearwater Beach and other events surrounding the 2017 College Football Playoff National Championship, visit TampaBay2017.com.